Friday 1 July 2011

EXERCISE (Comparative and Superlative of Adjectives)



          A. Write the comparative form of the adjectives
1) Ann is ___________ (happy) than her sister.
2) My hair is ______________ (long) than my sister’s hair.
3) These exams are getting ___________ (bad) and ___________ (bad) every year.
4) John is ____________ (thin) than Bob.
5) Steve is _____________ (happy) today as he was yesterday.
6) Mary’s car is ____________ (large) than Mark’s car.
7) The __________ (soon), the ___________ (good).
         B. Write the superlative form of the adjective:
1) I am _____________ (tall) in the class.
2) This is _______________ (expensive) hotel I’ve ever stayed in.
3) This road is ______________ (narrow) of all the roads in California.
4) New York is one of the ______________ (busy) cities in the USA.
5) Jack is _____________ (good) football player in the team.
6) North Pole is _______________ (cold) place on Earth.
7) My father is ______________ (generous) of all the people I know
     C.   Insert comparative or superlative form of the adjective:
1) I think John is _____________ (happy) now than the year ago.
2) His _______________ (big) desire is to return home.
3) She is probably ________________ (angry) person I know.
4) Today’s weather is ____________ (bad) than the yesterday’s.
5) My brother is ___________ (young) than me.
6) He drove _________ (fast) and __________ (fast) till we told him to stop.
7) ______________ (many) people want to be rich.      

No comments:

Post a Comment